Sunday, April 01, 2007

1st Day with G

Lo G was born on 28 Mar 2007. Being a 1st time parent, it did take awhile to adapt to the changes of the additional headcount.

Suddenly I'd found myself been surrounded by lots of friends! Friends that you see very often, friends that you don't see very often. Everyone appeared in your life once again! It is an extremely pleasant feeling, knowing that these friends of yours whom at some point in life, had shared funfilled moments with, sent their well wishes from all over the world (thanks to the creation of Internet).

To those whom I hadn't response in time, thank you!

I had G through the general anaesthetic operation. I wonder why would anyone chose GA? (But I'm sure for those who went through natural delivery, some part of them will be asking the vice versa). The recovery was painnnnful. I can hardly hold G until the 3rd day! I'm sure for all new mothers, holding your little one after 9 months of anticipatioin is the 1st ever thing you'll want to do! Well, for GA patients, you'll have to wait the additional 3 days!

Waiting nervously in the hospital on the D-1 day. Did all the additional needles, checks and last minute preparation. I must say the MAH is really quite a pleasant hospital. I'm not sure if the govenment structured hospital will make the expectant mother more nervous!

Woke up early at 5am on D day. The anticipation was killing. Did the "last bath" for the month (or so I thought). Put on the blue operating gown, waited patiently for the nurses to enter.

Was pushed into the operating theatre at 7.30am. And so it all began. 2 hours later, I was wheeled back to the room, and laid there for another 24 long hours. The drips and needles, all needless to say, became part of the 24 long hours experience.

Meanwhile, G's 1st time father had already had lots of fun in the nursery, measuring her size, weight and head circumference... something again a GA mother can't experience.... :(

All these serves as no deterent to the 1st time mother. The little one came in for its 1st "empty" feed. Though there were no food for her, the little one diligently acted her natural feeding instinct (the act of mother nature to bring subsequent food!).

The rest of the day came and go under the drug's influence.

To-Be-Continued...

1 Comments:

Blogger Cockroach said...

Congrats my fren!
So happy for you...
Too bad I could not be there to share the joy personally.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home